Monday, January 25, 2010

Favorite Pens





Like many of you, I have a favorite pen or two. I really enjoy doing crosswords and this is my lucky crossword pen, but something is just not right with it.

Whenever such a dilemma pops up in our home, my first thought is, "Ask Morgan." Why, you ask? Well, ever since he was a cute, little toddler, I'd notice interesting things just - happen - around the house. Two that pop into my mind are: 1. The time I went to put on some chapstick from a brand, new one. When I opened the cap and went to put it on, I saw the end of a nail sticking out. The chapstick itself was NOT all mushed up or anything either. 2. The time my beautifully painted egg on the little gold egg stand, that a friend had made for me, with a beautiful note that explained what each color and design meant, just POOF, disappeared! I never smelled a funny smell, didn't ever notice that one of my children might have actually eaten the egg and gotten violently sick, never found even an itty-bitty piece of egg shell anywhere in my entire house. So I told myself, "Ask Morgan".

Of course, at the time, he was too little (3, if I remember right), so no way was he going to be able to fess-up in a way that would make any sort of sense to me.

To this day, I have not a clue what happened to that beautiful egg, but the note is still there on the gold egg stand. Too bad I didn't take a picture of it, but who would think it would disappear.

So, this favorite pen doesn't close right anymore, and the boy is going to talk this time and fess-up to whatever the heck he put inside it! Can't wait to hear his explanation...

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Ooooo busted ha ha. Was there a confession? So I'm curious as to what transpired.