Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Mouthwatering...

Earlier this summer, Julie asked me take her and Morgan to Happy Sushi, a sushi restaurant in Logan. She said she liked the California Roll, so that's what we had. I was surprised she liked it, 'cause the seaweed tasted kinda fishy to me. Morgan had some noodles/soup stuff & he was ok with it all.

I make a dish that is like sushi (kinda). Ceviche. I learned to make it while working as a waitress in Florida when I was young and beautiful. I'll put the recipe up next time I post. Basically, it's fish and/or shrimp/scallops, spices, and lemon juice. The juice "cooks" the fish.

Back to sushi. We went again one night, and instead of having the California Roll, we ordered the Golden California Roll, and Morgan and I were hooked!

So yesterday at work, out-of-the-blue, I got a craving for a Golden California Roll, but I'd brought lunch, so I used mind over matter and conquered the craving. Or so I thought.

Today I was just working along, busy as a bee, and it hit me - "Go to Happy Sushi, go to Happy Sushi, you can do it. Take a lunch break and go, go GO!

So I did.

While I ate my lunch I realized today in my XXth year of life I had finally learned the definition of mouthwatering. No, it isn't defined with words, but with a feeling, a real true mouthwatering feeling. That was the most satisfying lunch I've ever eaten. To top it all off, it's healthy.

Mouthwatering. That's the word of the day & the week!

When we make some at home, I'll take pictures and show you.

Have a terrific week! Jennifer

4 comments:

Tina said...

Wow! A post from you ;)
I've never been a big sushi fan. But I've only tried a couple kinds. I do hear that California Roll is the best one for sushi newcomers - but I don't remember caring for it either. Golden California Roll sounds interesting - What's different about it? Why is it so much better? Just curious.

Sandra said...

I'm with Tina, I've never been a big sushi fan either. I had a couple Japanese roommates in college that would make it and I just couldn't get past the seaweed taste. I'd be interested in the Golden California Roll too, maybe we should make it a VT appointment he he.

Cambu said...

Jennifer, you need to post more often! Well, either that or I need to check your blog less often. ;)

I must admit that I've never had sushi and I'm rather scared to try it...but maybe one of these days my bravery will come shining through!

Jennifer said...

Tina & Sandra,

At Happy Sushi, the Golden California is the same as the regular one, except that it's deep fried & it's awesome. Let's go there sometime!