Thursday, August 14, 2008

This is Why it's Not a Good Idea to Put Plastic Bowls on Hot Burners!






































This is the popcorn bowl Mike and I got as a wedding present. It came with a set of bowls, and we use it all-the-time! One of my children set it on the burner before she started to cook dinner and look what happened... We got the burner off, and so it's still good to use, but the poor bowl isn't. It is going to become a "Garden Salad Bowl". I'm going to plant spinach, lettuce & basil in it, and then just pick when they're like baby green size, and they'll keep growing after that. So, it will be like eating really fresh salad. And, the best part - the bowl will drain easy after watering!

3 comments:

Tina said...

Oops! I hate it when stuff like that happens... but at least you can still find a use for the bowl!
BTW - I'm up for the trip to Happy Sushi. When do you want to go?

Sandra said...

Ohhh... I would not be happy about that! Very creative about how to use it now though. I laughed how you said "one of my children" but then you said she so that was a dead giveaway.

Cambu said...

Oh how sad for the bowl! It went from being a pristine popcorn bowl to a deformed "Garden Salad" bowl. I feel bad for it. But at least it's not in the dump...so that's the good news.